I have noticed that I have a lot of dessert recipes on my blog. Whoops. I totally am not apologizing for that at all. Dessert is my favorite meal of the day. I always always always have a dessert around my house. They are fun to make and even more fun to eat. Although my thighs may not agree with me on that aspect. But I realize that I have to switch it up time and time again and give you guys some other good stuff…say a pasta dinner dish?
That’s where this Honey Pepper Chicken Mac and Cheese comes in. If you guys have an Applebees near you, you may have seen something similar to this on their menu. This has quickly become one of my favorite dishes from their. Creamy cheese, crispy chicken strips and a honey pepper sauce….who goes wrong with that.
I love being able to do copycat recipes at home. Saves this girl a bunch of money and it makes my take-out loving husband super happy. This is a great meal for the whole family to enjoy. It has just enough heat that they kids will love it! And mac and cheese is a no brainer for feeding a hungry family! Enjoy!
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun. Don’t forget to link up with us every Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm CST for Wonderful Wednesday’s and Throwback Thursday’s!
- 1 (16 oz) box spiral noodles
- 1 bag breaded chicken strips
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and Pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of paprika
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- Bake or deep fry chiken strips until done (you can also make your own), set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in medium saucepan mix all your Honey Pepper sauce ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often..
- To make your cheese sauce melt your butter and cream together in medium sauce pan.
- Once melted add your cheese and garlic and stir until combined and reduce heat until all cheeses are blended in.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to large bowl and pour sauce and crumbled bacon over top, stir to combine.
- Dip each of your chicken strips into the honey pepper sauce until coated. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, dish up your pasta and top with chicken strips and sprinkle with basil.
- If sauce doesn't thicken naturally for you mix together 1 Tbs cold water and 1 Tbs cornstarch and mix into sauce and heat, should thicken after that.
- Keep eye on sauce while cooking, it can boil over if not stirred enough or heat is too high.