Enjoy game day with these sweet and tangy Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sliders full of bbq chicken, pineapple, onions, cilantro and cheeses.
Hi I’m Alli and I’m a slider addict. This is true, and this is something I have absolutely NO shame about. I LOVE SLIDERS. If you don’t believe me just check out SOME of my sliders here, here and here. There are more than that, ,but saying here more than 3 times would become a little much.
There is just something about having little hand held sandwiches that screams delicious to me. So ever since making my first one many years ago I have been playing with flavors every since and slowly sharing some of my most favorite ones with you. Trust me, there are so many more to come, but I just have to take my time so my blog doesn’t turn to be slider town (although I would love that)!
So sweet and tangy are some of my favorite flavors to play around with. I adore the taste of BBQ and pineapple together, and they work really really well. Have you ever had a Hawaiian BBQ Pizza? If not, you’ll need to try it ASAP, seriously so good. In the mean time, just bask in the flavors of these Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sliders instead.
One thing I really like about sliders besides all the different variations is that they are one of the quickest things to whip up. They feed a family, and they are much simpler than making individual sandwiches for everyone because they all can be made at the same time. I’m a girl who loves time saving and this is exactly that.
I’m a lover of Hawaiian rolls, there is just something about sweet flavor of the bread. I made some of my own not to long ago and oh boy…so good. But not all of my sliders use them obviously, you can use pretty much any slider buns you’d like, but since this was Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sliders I felt that it was only fit.
Also with this recipe I used a rotisserie chicken. You can also just boil up a few of your boneless skinless chicken breast halves you have on hand and that will work just the same. I love to hoard Walmart’s deli because usually in the mornings they have clearance on their chickens, wings, sandwiches and wraps and I can’t help myself when I see them. So I usually get a rotisserie for $2.49, SCORE!
So if you want to give your next meal a little tropical spin then these Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sliders are seriously the way to go. Quick, easy and they feed a bunch of people all at once. They are also perfect for game day and they will have the football fans in your life going crazy for something other than just the game.
Shredded BBQ chicken topped with pineapple, red onion, cilantro and cheese and baked on slider buns until melty.
- 1 rotisserie chicken or 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 1 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained but juices reserved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Montery Jack or Colby Jack cheese
- 1 12 ct pkg Hawaiian Rolls
- 4 Tbs butter melted
- 1-2 Tbs reserved pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split your slider buns in half, place one half in the bottom of a 11x7" or 9x13" baking dish.
- In bowl add your chicken and BBQ sauce and stir until combined and coated,
- Spread the chicken on top of the Hawaiian rolls and top with pineapple, onions, cilantro and cheese.
- Place the other half of the rolls on top of chicken.
- Mix together your glaze ingredients and brush over tops of rolls, cover with tinfoil and bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.