If you love pizza then these Supreme Pizza Sliders are just what you need. It takes the traditional favorite and turns them into bite sized nirvana!
Ok you have to know that I’m addicted to all things sliders. If you didn’t know that about me then you haven’t been following me long and here’s a big welcome to you. But the statement above is kind of an understatement. You’d think addicted is a strong word, but it really doesn’t even tell you exactly how much I love me some sliders.
I also love pizza, shocking right? Who doesn’t love some pizza? I don’t think I’ve ever met a person who doesn’t, but I’m sure there are some pizza hating people out there, but I think they’re just hiding in the shadows because they know they are outcasts….totally joking by the way.
These Supreme Pizza Sliders are epic. I mean combining two of my favorite things into one?! Genius! Wow I seem to be tooting my own horn here, so not what I’m trying to do. I just want to share my love of deliciousness with you and these just happen to be just that, delicious! I can’t keep these secrets hiding from you, this girl must share.
So you all know that I like my recipes quick and easy, and these Supreme Pizza Sliders are just that, easy! Get yourself some slider buns, Hawaiian buns, or what have you and fry up some Italian sausage. Yes Italian sausage, it really gives it the flavor or pizza. If you can find yourself some actual packaged sausage for pizza, you could totally use that to.
Anyways, moving on….Sprinkle the sausage over the bottom layers of your buns and lather on some pizza sauce. I like to put it over the meat so the sauce doesn’t saturate the bun and make it soggy. Next layer on some of your favorite supreme pizza toppings. In this case I added green peppers, mushrooms and black olives.
Cover with some cheese and then come the topping! Who doesn’t love that delicious buttery topping that goes over the tops of their sliders? I know that this girl does, it makes some extra flavor and color and just makes this whole thing, guaranteed!
So if you’re wanting pizza but you don’t want to go the traditional route then these Supreme Pizza Sliders are just what you need. Quick, easy and family friendly! Oh…and they are amazing dipped in ranch!! I can’t not say that! I’m a huge ranch and pizza gal and these are just the same!
- 12 count slider buns
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup sliced black olive
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Montery jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbs parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet brown you Italian sausage until no longer pink, set aside.
- Cut your slider buns in half and lay the bottom half in an 11"x7" baking dish.
- Spread your Italian sausage over the top of the bread then spread your pizza sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle your green peppers, mushrooms and olives over the top and then top with cheese.
- Place the tops of your buns over the top and set aside.
- In small bowl mix together your butter, italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese and brush over the top of your buns making sure to cover the sides.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.