These Sloppy Joe Stuffed Shells are one of your favorite sandwiches neatly stuffed inside pasta for a delicious and easy weeknight meal!
So I finally got my new computer today. Woo-hoo to that. I’m happy I waited because when I first went and looked at the it was 2 days before we were supposed to leave on vacation and I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. The next day I go online to order it, it had gone off sale! UGH!! Dang me for waiting.
So I closely monitored the ads to see when it possibly would go on sale again FINALLY to find that it was $50 cheaper than what it is normally! Which is a whole $20 off of what it was when it was originally on sale. I swear guys, it’s the little things that make me happy in life.
Speaking of things that make me happy. This seriously quick and easy weeknight meal makes me very very happy. These Sloppy Joe Stuffed Shells are where it’s at! For real! So Hungry Helper used to make this sloppy joe pasta that I was seriously addicted to…I’m not gonna lie I at it on buns. I know weird right? Pasta on buns, I don’t know what I was thinking back then. All I know is that it was absolutely delicious and I have craved it ever since.
But keeping to this delicious recipe on hand! Obviously I love myself some good old Italian Stuffed Shells, but in my household we like to switch it up a bit. So I got to experimenting and I had a can of sloppy joe mix that I was craving, then my husband messages me saying he wanted stuffed shells. Well you can see what happened with that conversations! It was magical.
I know I always over exagerate my food a little bit. But this is such an easy recipe to make, it bakes up in like 30 minutes, has now weird ingredients and is super super tasty. The kids absolutely loved this one, so it will be sticking around as a staple for a while to come now.
I guess it was between this or chili stuffed shells…gave my husband those two options. We ended up choose these Sloppy Joe Stuffed Shells as the winning dinner! But who’s to say that the later wont become a recipe down the line. I am a big fan of chili mac and all….TBD.
So if you are in the mood for a pasta night, but don’t feel like going full on Italian for your meal, you need to give theses buggers a try. Quick, easy, filling and trust me…there wont be any leftovers left, which kinda made me a little bit sad, because I wanted some the next day!
- 1/2-1 pkg jumbo shells
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans sloppy joe mix (like Manwich)
- 1 (16 oz) pkg shredded colby jack cheese
- Chopped chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook shells until tender, drain and set aside.
- In saute pan brown your ground beef until no longer pink, remove with slotted spoon to bowl and drain.
- Add oil to pan and heat on medium heat, add your pepper and onions and saute until tender.
- Add your ground beef back to pan, as well as 1 1/2 cans of sloppy joe mix and continue to heat on medium until bubbly.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese until melted, remove from heat.
- In a 9x13" pan add the remainder of your sloppy joe mix and spread over bottom.
- Using a spoon, stuff your shells and layer in pan.
- Once shells are stuffed (you will have leftover if you use 1 whole package) sprinkle with remainder of cheese and cover with tin foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve.