Thick fudge brownie topped with whipped marshmallow buttercream and crushed graham crackers make these S’mores Fudge Brownies utterly irresistible!
So I’m absolutely messed up on my day’s now that the 4th of July landed on a Monday this year! So that is why you are getting two posts in a row. But I can’t complain, I love food so much that I would love seeing it every day anyway. Especially when it comes to these delectable S’mores Fudge Brownies.
I am literally the harshest critic when it comes to brownies. I know how I like my brownies, just like some people know how they like their steaks. Ha, I’m laughing at myself because I’m comparing my brownie taste along side a persons steak preference. You have to know that means business!
Ok, well I love my brownies thick, moist and fudgy. They also have to be topped with something. Frosting is my absolute favorite topping of them all, I mean frosting pretty much completes my life. I would eat frosting on frosting if it were served on a menu. I know, that’s taking it a bit too far, but what can I say….sweet tooth over here!
These S’mores Fudge Brownies are where it’s at! They are perfect for this time of year since S’mores are pretty much a hit in any aspect, so I figured I’d better jump ship and jump on the S’mores bandwagon too. Thick chocolatey, fudgy brownie is topped with a creamy, sweet marshmallow buttercream frosting and sprinkled with crushed graham crackers. How does that not sound the least bit of awesome?
My son absolutely loves this frosting. We actually use it quite a bit in my cake and cupcake recipes! But this will be the first time it’s actually graced this blog! Woo-hoo and what an entrance it has made, well at least I say so. What better way to appear than to be slathered over rich, chocolatey goodness? 2
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (7 oz) containers marshmallow cream
- 2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 sheet graham cracker, crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a double boiler or in a medium pan filled with a few inches of water covered with a pyrex bowl, melt together your chocolate chips and butter.
- While those are melting, in another bowl whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and add your sugar slowly and stir until combined. Next add your eggs, one by one stiring after each addition.
- Finally stir in your vanilla.
- Fold your wet mixture into the dry until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9″x13″ pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make buttercream, in large bowl beat your butter until fluffy. Add in your extract until combined.
- Add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until blended.
- Lastly add in your marshmallow cream and beat until thickened.
- Spread on top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- I like to refrigerate my brownies before cutting to make the frosting a little harder so cutting is easier.