A fun appetizer to serve to guests this Cowboy Caviar is a classic party dish that never has any leftover!
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black-eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 can white shoepeg corn drained (or regular white sweet corn)
- 1 (4 ocan green chiles
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper
In large bowl mix together your beans, peas, corn, chiles, onion and peppers.
In saucepan mix together your vinegar, water, sugar and salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Let simmer for about 5 minutes then remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
Once at room temperature pour over your vegetables and toss to coat.
Refrigerate overnight, once ready to serve drain off liquid.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.2mg