Perk up your morning with this utterly delicious and super easy Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake! Creamy, crisp and tasty!
Wow, can you believe that this is the second breakfast recipe I am sharing this week?!?! OMG right? I think I’m finally converted and am really digging these delicious and easy breakfast dishes that I’ve been inhaling. Yes, inhaling…that’s about the only way I can describe the situation at hand.
I love recipes that I can prepare ahead of time and throw in the oven then I’m ready to eat them. Might be why I’m addicted to crock pot recipes because it’s a fix it and forget it and in the end I’ll have a delicious meal that I didn’t really take all that much time making…but it looks like I did. Deceiving little devils!
Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits! They are almost up there in ranks with bananas, and if you know anything at all with me then you know that I LOVE BANANAS, well more baked goods with bananas in them, but isn’t that really kind of the same thing?
Ok, moving off of the banana bandwagon, french toast is something that I’ve always personally loved. But stuffed french toast is another story! So I made this Smore’s French Toast when I first started blogging (forgive the HORRENDOUS pics) and that was where my love of stuffed french toast came alive.
So obviously I had to share one of my favorite flavors of stuffed french toast and give it a little spin and make this Overnight Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake! Holy cow that name is looooong!! But it’s hard to cut it off because then it wouldn’t really tell you what it is that I was making!
Challah bread is cut into pieces and layered then topped with cream cheese and raspberries and then another layer of bread. Drench it in some cream, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon and let it sit overnight to soak. Bake it up until golden and gooey and drench with syrup!!
This Overnight Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake is perfect for breakfast or brunch, making enough to fill up everyone and keep your family or guests happy! Plus it’s easily customizable with whatever type of fruit you desire!
- 1 loaf challah bread, cut into 1-2" squares
- 1 (6 oz) container raspberries
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Spray a 9"x9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Add half of your challah to bottom of pan and sprinkle with raspberries (reserving a few for topping) and cream cheese.
- Top with remaining bread and press down.
- In bowl mix together your eggs, cream, honey, cinnamon and sugar and pour over top of your bake until covered.
- Cover with tin foil, pressing down again to smoosh everything together.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator abut 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and place covered bake in and bake for 30 minutes then remove tin foil and bake for another 30 minutes until tops turn golden and center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with syrup.