A delicious and easy regional dish this Cincinnati Chili is easy to whip up, tasty and absolutely filling! Topped over spaghetti with some cheese and you have a delicious dinnertime meal.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion diced small
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
In large pot add your ground beef and water, bring to boil and stir your beef until it separates into little pieces, reduce heat a simmer for about 30 minutes.
Once beef is cooked, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine
Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 2 1/2 hours or until thickened.
Serve over spaghetti or hot dogs.
- Use lean ground beef, it produces less fat and breaks up into smaller chunks nicer.
- Serve this any way that you like, with cheese, beans, onions etc.
- You can use any pasta you like, traditionally spaghetti is used but works fine over any pasta.
- You can use the chili for pretty much anything, sandwiches, chili burgers, hot dogs, etc.
- For the last hour or so you can add the lid to help thicken the chili up.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1310IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 4.1mg