Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings
Easy, flavorful and an delicious dessert these Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings have only 8 ingredients and are quick to whip up, the perfect Fall dessert recipe!
Servings: 16 dumplings
- 2 (8 ct) crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples , peeled, cored and sliced into 8 pieces each
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 12 oz lemon lime pop
Preheat oven to 350.
Roll your crescent rolls out and mix together your 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
Sprinkle about 1-2 Tbs of cinnamon sugar over crescent rolls.
Place one apple piece on the long end and roll up.
Place in 2 rows of 8 in a 9"x13" baking dish, set aside.
In a sauce pan over medium high heat, melt your butter.
Once butter is melted add in your sugars and vanilla and just stir until it combines, you want it to be grainy.
Remove from heat and pour over your crescent rolls.
Pour your lemon lime pop around the sides of the rolls and then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly so sauce thickens.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
- When mixing together your butter and sugar mixture, you want it to be grainy so do not bring to a boil.
- If you can't find crescent rolls, you can also use refrigerated biscuits as well.
- We have used vanilla paste in the past, but you can also use vanilla extract which is easier to find, substitute 1:1.
- Make sure to let cool slightly, the sauce will thicken as it sits and that is what you want.
- Optional but highly encouraged to serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Try to not pour your soda/pop over the tops of the biscuits themselves, pour around the edges.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 367IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg