Slow Cooker Street Tacos
Easy and flavorful these Slow Cooker Street Tacos are minimal ingredients, full of flavor and a fix it and forget it meal that you will want to add to your regular menu rotation.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Small fajita or street taco tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Queso fresco
Garlic Lime Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
Place your steak in bottom of crock pot.
In bowl mix together your olive oil, orange juice, worcestershire sauce, cilantro, garlic, honey, chili powder and cumin and stir until blended.
Pour over your meat and stir around slightly to distribute.
Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until tender, remove meat from slow cooker and shred, return to slow cooker and let soak up juices.
To make sauce combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk to combine.
To assemble tacos, place meat on bottom of your tortilla and top with the garlic lime sauce, pico de gallo, cheese and cilantro.
- Make sure you cook on low, do not take any shortcuts and cook on high, this will produce a tougher cut of meat and you want fall apart.
- Refrigerate the sauce for a little bit before serving, let the flavors marry.
- If you cant find flank steak, skirt steak can also be used.
- Let the meat rest in the liquid after shredding so it can soak up some flavors, if you're worried about the tacos being too juicy, double up on the tortillas!
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3.3mg