Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
When it comes to side dishes you can't get any better than these Crockpot Mashed Potatoes! Minimal ingredients, the crockpot does all the work for you! A tasty and creamy dish that everyone will love.
- 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter sliced into tablespoons
- 1 ½ cups half & half warmed
Place the potatoes, garlic cloves, chicken stock, salt, and pepper into a slow cooker, stir to combine.
Place the sliced butter on top of the potatoes and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the potatoes are soft and mashable. The potatoes may brown around the edges, that’s okay.
Place the half and half into a small saucepan and warm it over medium-low heat, do not simmer. Pour half of the half and half into the crockpot.
Mash the potatoes with a potato masher right in the cooker.
Add more half & half until you reach your desired consistency.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, serve immediately.
- We use Russet potatoes but you can use Yukon gold or Red as well.
- We peel our potatoes, but you can leave them on if you'd like.
- Milk or heavy cream can be substituted for the half & half.
- This can be doubled, use an 8qt crockpot for this.
- These can be cooked on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4.
- This is a base recipe, feel free to build off it as you'd like.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 1030mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 983IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg