Chai Latte Recipe
Make your favorite coffee shop drinks at home with this Chai Latte Recipe! Easy and minimal ingredients and time help this come together in no time.
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 chai tea bags
- ½ light brown sugar packed
- 16 ounces water
- 12 ounces whole milk
Place all spices in a coffee filter, and tie the top closed with string to prevent any leaking.
Add the sachet to a medium saucepan with tea bags, brown sugar, and water.
Bring to a boil then remove from heat and let steep for 8 minutes.
Remove the tea bags and the spice bag, squeezing out any excess liquid.
Pour 6 ounces (each) of tea into two large mugs.
Using a steamer, steam the milk until it reaches 160 degrees F.
Pour the milk over the tea, using a spoon to slow the froth from coming out until last.
Sprinkle top with cinnamon and serve.
- You can easily double or halve this recipe depending on how many people you are serving.
- You can use black tea bags in place of chai tea bags.
- Even though you start with 2 cups of water, some will be absorbed by the tea and spice bag and you’ll be left with about 1½ cups.
- If you don't have a milk steamer, you can pour the milk directly into the pan after removing the tea bags and spice bag. This can be reheated. If you want froth, you can use a hand frother or an immersion blender.
- The brewed tea itself will keep refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 259mg | Iron: 1mg