Brownie in a Mug
A delicious and easy single serving dessert this Brownie in a Mug is packed full of chocolate flavor, top off with some powdered sugar, strawberries and whipped cream and you have the perfect dessert.
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs mini chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar optional
- Whipped cream optional
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries optional
Whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, and salt in a mug with a fork.
Add the vanilla extract, milk, oil, and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes (time will vary based on your microwave). The brownie should be slightly gooey in the middle while the edges spring back when pressed.
Allow the brownie to rest for about 4 minutes to cool down and set.
Garnish with powdered sugar, whipped cream and fruit if desired!
- Nutritional value does not contain topping ingredients.
- Make sure you use unsweetened cocoa powder and not dutch process, you can use dark chocolate cocoa powder if you like the flavor.
- There are other mix-in's that you can use instead of chocolate chips, see my notes above.
- Make sure your mug is between at least 8-12 oz, it is better to have more room at the top in case it spills over, I always like to use larger so I'm able to add the toppings.
- Top this with your favorite toppings such as powdered sugar, fruit, peanut butter, whipped cream, etc.
- You can double this recipe for more than one person.
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 107IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 3mg