Love minimal ingredient, quick and easy appetizer recipe? I do! That's why you can't go wrong with these Fried Pickles, tasty, addictive and absolutely perfect.
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 16 oz dill pickle chips patted dry
Prepare oil for frying by heating vegetable oil in a pan to medium high heat until it reaches 375 degrees.
Meanwhile whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
In another small bowl whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
One at a time, dip each pickle chip in the flour mixture first, followed by the egg mixture and finishing with another coat of the flour mixture. Continue until all pickle chips are coated.
Working in small batches, carefully place the pickle chips in the heated oil and cook for about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
Remove the chips from the oil and place on a cooling rack. Continue this process until all pickle chips are cooked.
Serve with ranch dressing.
- We use dill pickle chips, but you can use any favor of pickles that you like best.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, ours is ranch but the are also great with honey mustard or a garlic aioli.
- Make sure you pat your pickles dry before coating, this will help the coating to stay on.
- You an choose to make these in a pan on the stove or in your deep fryer.
- Easily double this recipe to serve more people.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 888mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg