Sweet & Spicy Roasted Nuts
If you love minimal ingredient snack recipes that whip up in no time then you need to try these absolutely delicious Sweet & Spicy Roasted Nuts.
- 2 lbs mixed nuts
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs hot honey or regular if you can’t find some
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large lipped baking pan with parchment paper.
Add the nuts to a large bowl and set aside.
In a small saucepan, heat the butter and honey over medium heat until melted. Add in the spices and whisk to combine.
Pour the butter mixture over the nuts and toss until evenly coated.
Spread the nuts out on the prepared pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- If using unsalted nuts, use salted butter or add ½ teaspoon of salt.
- For the holidays, add a few sprigs of rosemary to the pan for additional flavor while the nuts roast.
- Garnish with minced herbs or flakey salt, if desired.
- I use mixed nuts, but this recipe can use any combination of nuts or just one kind as long as it’s 2 lbs worth.
- Up to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar can be added if you want a stronger sweet heat flavor.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg