If you want a quick and easy minimal ingredient dinner, this Baked Tortellini is super easy to whip up and is ready to be served in about 3o minutes.
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbs garlic paste see notes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasonings
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley minced, more for topping
- 2 lbs frozen tortellini
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onion mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish or larger round casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Pour in the marinara and water and add the seasonings and herbs and stir to combine.
Add in the frozen tortellini and veggies and stir until evenly coated with the sauce mixture.
Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the dish and cover with aluminum foil
Bake for 20 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or
until the cheese has melted.
- You can add meat to this recipe if you like, just add a little bit more sauce to compensate for absorption.
- I have never made this with fresh pasta or veggies and I don’t believe they can be
evenly swapped due to the water content. This dish NEEDS the water from the frozen
ingredients in order to cook the past properly.
- Dish may look slightly dry/sauce doesn’t cover the noodles all the way before baking -this is expected.
- Frozen ravioli could also be used in this recipe.
- 3 cups of homemade marinara sauce could be used instead of store bought.
- An equal amount of minced garlic can be used in stead of paste or you could use 1/2 tsp of garlic powder as well.
- This can be frozen, please read notes above on how to do that.
Calories: 654kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1726mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4774IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 449mg | Iron: 6mg