Want a super easy, 4 ingredient recipe that is refreshing and tasty? You need to make this Frozen Lemonade, the perfect sweet way to cool you down on those warm day.
- 3 cups cold water divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups ice
- Lemon zest for garnish
Mix together 1 cup water and sugar in pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
Add in lemon juice, stir and cool completely.
Add ice into high powdered blender.
Add your 2 cups cold water.
Then add your lemon simple syrup.
Blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- We use fresh squeezed lemon juice for this recipe, but you can use bottled if it is easier.
- We like more sugar in this, if you want it less sweet just decrease the amount of sugar, and if you want more sweetness add a little more sugar, we suggest 1/2 cup in either direction.
- We start with 5 cups of ice for this recipe, you may need to add more to get your desired consistency.
- This does separate a little bit as the slush likes to sit at the top, so give it a good stir to incorporate everything.
- This needs to be served in one sitting if not freezing, otherwise it will melt.
- You can add alcohol if you'd like a boozy version, just substitute some of the cold water with your favorite alcohol.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 31mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg