Easy Spanish Rice
Love an easy one pot side dish recipe that is simple to make? This Easy Spanish Rice is the perfect Mexican dish to your menu! Simple and delicious.
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cup long grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime wedged
In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil on medium heat.
Add onions and garlic and sautee until onions are soft.
Add the rice and stir until rice is coated in the oil.
Stir in tomato paste and spices.
Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
Heat on high until liquid comes to a boil, then reduce to low and cover.
Cook 20-25 minutes until liquid is absorbed. You can stir half way through to make sure it isn’t
sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Remove from heat, stir in cilantro.
Serve with extra cilantro and lime wedges.
- Make sure you use a pot big enough as the rice will expand when it is cooking.
- We like to dress ours up with a little bit of cilantro and lime juice, even a squeeze of lime over the top gives it great flavor.
- This makes a bunch so it is perfect for our family of 6 as a side dish.
- You can use this recipe to stuff things such as burritos, burrito bowls, etc.
- You can use any kind of onion you'd like
- If you don't have chicken broth you can use water, although chicken broth really adds to the flavor.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg