Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
When it comes to comfort food this Cheesy Broccoli Casserole really hits the spot. Easy, minimal ingredients and delicious, such a family meal!
Servings: 6 people
- 4 cups broccoli cooked
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayo
- Salt & pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 Tbs butter melted
Preheat oven to 350.
Steam or cook broccoli until fork tender then add to a large bowl.
Mix in your soup, mayo, eggs, onion, salt, pepper and 1 cup of cheese and stir until combined.
Spread into a 1.5 quart baking dish then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with melted butter and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- You can use any cheese that you like, we prefer cheddar and freshly shredded as it melts better.
- This recipe can be frozen, please see my storage tips above.
- This can also be prepared ahead of time, again see above for directions.
- If you don't want to use fresh broccoli you can buy the steamer bags and steam the broccoli that way.
- You can easily make more of this to serve larger crowds if you wish.
- If you don't have regular breadcrumbs you can also use panko, we used those as well before.
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 663mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1035IU | Vitamin C: 55.4mg | Calcium: 342mg | Iron: 1.7mg