These Cornbread Muffins come together in a quick 25 minutes! With a fluffy interior and a delicious touch of sweetness, the flavor and speed is sure to make it a table staple!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a muffin tin with liners or lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
To a large mixing bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, honey, buttermilk, eggs and melted butter until just combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until they are just mixed. The batter will be light, airy and fluffy.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tin using a mechanical ice cream scoop. They should be close to full. Bake for 15 minutes until a golden color. Let the muffins sit for 5 minutes in the pan.
Cool on a wire rack or serve warm with butter and drizzled honey if desired.
- Double this recipe to make more for a larger crowd or save for later.
- These can be frozen, see my tips above.
- You can make this into regular cornbread by placing in a 9x9-inch baking dish or a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Buttermilk is recommended for this recipe, see above on how to make your own.
- This can be served with a variety of things, see some suggestions above.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg