Lemon Pepper Chicken Kabobs
With minimal ingredients and huge flavor these Lemon Pepper Chicken Kabobs are a tasty summertime treat that you don't want to miss.
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs cracked black pepper
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast 1-inch diced
- 1 red bell pepper 1-inch diced
- 1 green bell pepper 1-inch diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper 1-inch diced
- 1 medium red onion 1-inch diced
Place the lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, garlic, and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Add the chicken, bell peppers, and onion to the bowl.
Toss in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes up to 4 hours, stir it every 30 minutes if you can.
Thread the chicken and vegetables onto skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for 10 to 30 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates. Grill the kabobs for 10-15 minutes, turning them so they brown on all sides. They are done cooking when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Take them off the grill and serve.
- You can use any vegetable that you like on your kabobs, we like using tri-colored peppers and red onions.
- Medium-high heat is between 375 degrees F and 450 degrees F.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more for gatherings.
- Chicken breast is best used in this, but you can use chicken tenderloins as well.
- The longer the meat and vegetables sit in the marinade the better flavor you will get.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1144IU | Vitamin C: 120mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg