Greek Pasta Salad
Easy to put together and with tasty greek flavors this Greek Pasta Salad is a delicious and easy side dish that you will want to bring to all the get togethers.
For the Greek dressing:
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
For the tortellini salad:
- 2 cups spinach packed
- 20- ounce package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 40 kalamata olives sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 8 oz s feta cheese crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Greek dressing:
To a sealable jar or other container, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, followed by dry seasonings. Place lid on jar and shake until combined. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Greek Tortellini Salad:
Cut spinach leaves by taking a handful and rolling them into a tight log shape. Using a sharp knife, cut down the log in ¼” strips. Continue until all spinach has been cut.
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and transfer to large bowl. Add ½ cup of the prepared Greek dressing immediately and toss to coat to prevent tortellini from sticking together.
Add cut spinach, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, and feta. Toss again to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to let the tortellini absorb the dressing.
Remove from refrigerator. Add another ¼ cup of Greek dressing. Toss to coat, once again. Chill for another hour, or until dressing permeates tortellini. Add salt and/or pepper to taste.
- This can be made ahead of time but wait to add your tomatoes until you are almost ready to serve as the tomatoes will wilt and lose their freshness the longer they sit.
- You can easily double this recipe to serve more people.
- If you do not want to make your own dressing, alternatives are listed above.
- Not a fan of tortellini? You can use bowtie pasta as a substitute for this recipe.
- Also you do not have to use refrigerated tortellini or tri-colored either, you can use frozen cheese, just cook and cool before making salad.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1535mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1406IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 3mg