Instant Pot Rice Pudding
If you want a quick, easy and classic recipe that is great all day long then you need to make a batch of this Instant Pot Rice Pudding.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon plus more for topping, optional
- Whipped topping optional
Combine the rice and water in the instant pot.
Secure the lid and turn valve to sealing position. Cook on high manual pressure for 3 minutes, quick releasing steam when time is up.
Add one cup of milk and sugar to the rice and turn the instant pot to sauté setting.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of milk and egg whites together using a whisk to lightly beat.
Add the milk and egg mixture, raisins, vanilla and cinnamon to the instant pot.
Stir constantly until the rice pudding begins to simmer and thicken.
Add more milk until the pudding reaches desired consistency.
Serve warm or chilled topped with whipped topping and cinnamon.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more for whomever you are serving, the instant pot should have enough room to double it.
- Easily omit the raisins if you are not a fan.
- This recipe can be frozen, see my tips above.
- If you find it a little to loose for your taste you can easily thicken it, see my tips above for that as well.
- This is perfect for breakfast, brunch and dessert, there is no specific period of time this recipe belongs to.
- You can doctor this recipe up and make it flavorful any way that you like, this is an easy rice pudding recipe that is a base recipe.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg