Homemade Baked Beans
Grilling season is upon us and what better side dish than these Homemade Baked Beans! A fast and tasty recipe that will become your new summer favorite.
- 1 15 oz can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 15 oz can Pinto Beans
- 1 15 oz can Northern Beans
- 1/4 large Red Onion diced
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Liquid Smoke
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Bacon crisped and crumbled
Cook beans according to directions on can.
Combine all the ingredients in a large pot, starting with the beans first.
Mix well and let simmer for about 20 minutes on medium heat.
Garnish with fresh diced green onions or chives if preferred.
- You can use dried beans for this recipe, just refer to package for cooking directions.
- The beans do need to be cooked before adding to your dutch oven.
- You can substitute the dijon mustard for regular mustard in this recipe if you don't have dijon on hand.
- Want to add a little kick, we like to add diced jalapeño from time to time.
- If you want to be even quicker on cooking time, use real bacon bits instead of cooking and frying your own bacon.
- These can be frozen! Refer to my instructions above on how to freeze these beans.
- If you prefer white or yellow onion you can substitute that for the red onion.
- For a richer flavor use dark brown sugar instead of light.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 870mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 391IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 5mg