Copycat Sausage Egg McMuffins
Want one of your favorite takeout items at home? These Sausage Egg McMuffins are seriously tasty, filling and everyone absolutely loves them.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage like jimmy dean
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 eggs scrambled individually
Separate your sausage into 6 sections and using a large 3ish inch biscuit cutter on parchment paper press your portions into the center of the ring to flatten out then cook in skillet until browned and cooked through.
When cooked, transfer to paper towel lined plate, set aside.
Meanwhile toast your English muffins, place on cutting board or counter.
Place one slice of cheese on bottom of each English muffin.
Top each slice of cheese with cooked sausage patty, set aside or in oven on a low temperature to keep warm.
Next in a small bowl scramble one egg at a time and spray a cooking pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour your egg into egg mold, cover and cook on medium heat until egg is cooked through.
Finish your sandwiches by topping with egg patties and other slice of English muffin and serve.
Place in oven to keep warm.
- To make the recipe easier use a large biscuit cutter to shape your sausage patties and an egg mold to make your egg patties, I have linked above to the items I use.
- We like to keep our oven on the lowest heat setting and place our cooked English muffins on there with cheese covered with some foil to keep them warm while everything else is cooking.
- As stated above you can top these with your meat of choice!
- You can use pre-made sausage patties and egg patties if you want to make these even quicker.
- This recipe make 6 Sausage Egg McMuffins but depending on how many people you are serving you can double the recipe.
- These freeze so well, read above on how to freeze these.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 239mg | Sodium: 1159mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 493IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 2mg