Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinnertime recipe that takes easy, minimal ingredients and less than 30 minutes then you need to whip up this Cast Iron Skillet Pizza.
Servings: 8 slices
- 13.8 oz refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Basil for topping optional
Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9"-10" skillet with some olive oil, press your pizza dough onto bottom and up the sides of skillet as much as you can.
Spread your pizza sauce over your crust, you can use your own homemade or jarred sauce.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
Top with your pepperoni slices then, brush your crust with olive oil. Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Just lightly grease your cast iron skillet with olive oil, you don't want an over abundance or the dough itself will not stretch.
- If you are using refrigerated dough from a can, we usually roll it into a ball and stretch it a little bit on a flat surface before placing it into the pan to stretch to fit.
- As noted above there are so many different recipes you can create with this Cast Iron Skillet Pizza recipe that the choices are endless.
- You can use freshly shredded, bagged shredded or even fresh sliced mozzarella for this recipe, we have tested them all and all came out amazing.
- Press this dough up the sides of the skillet as best as you can, it will like to pull back but keep pulling, eventually it will stay in place.
- To get a nice brown on the crust, brush with that extra olive oil and even a little bit of garlic salt or powder for extra flavor.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 522mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg