With only 7 ingredients and less than an hour you can have dinner to the table with this delicious and easy Spaghetti Casserole. Simple, tasty and filling.
- 12 oz dry spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce or your favorite pasta sauce
- 4 Cups mozzarella cheese freshly shredded
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or basil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9"x11" or 9"x13" pan with non stick spray, set aside.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink, drain and set aside.
Add oil and onion to the skillet and cook until onions are translucent.
Add the beef back to the skillet along with the sauce and stir, then add the spaghetti noodles and toss to combine.
Add half the spaghetti mixture to the pan, then top with half of the shredded cheese.
Add the rest of the spaghetti mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
Place in the oven to bake for 25 – 30 minutes until casserole is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- We like to use lean ground beef as it produces less grease so the casserole itself won't be greasy.
- You can switch up your cheese preference to any of your favorite Italian cheeses, but we prefer to use freshly grated cheese.
- If you want to add some contrast to this dish you can add some chopped peppers or sliced mushrooms which you would add when you cook the onions.
- You can absolutely make your own homemade meat sauce for this recipe, I have one linked above that we enjoy and make all the time.
- You can double this recipe for bigger crowds, it is a great potluck dinner idea.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 926mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 798IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 578mg | Iron: 4mg