Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Creamy, cheesy and delicious this Slow Cooke Mac and Cheese recipe is a fix it and forget it dinnertime meal that the whole family will love, with easy ingredients, you cant go wrong with this comfort food goodness!
Servings: 6 people
- 12 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups freshly shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 Cup butter cubed
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
Place macaroni into a 6 qt. slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed soup, evaporated milk, half and half and
seasonings. Then add to the slow cooker.
Add the shredded cheese to the slow cooker then stir to combine all ingredients.
Place the butter on top, then place the lid on the slow cooker and set to high.
Cook for 1.5 – 2 hours depending on your slow cooker stirring half way through.
When pasta is cooked, add the sour cream and stir to combine.
If you find it too thick, you can add a bit of milk or extra sour cream.
- Use freshly shredded cheese from the block, it has less preservatives and melts better when cooking.
- To thin out, add a bit of milk or extra sour cream.
- This recipe can easily be doubled, just use a larger slow cooker.
- Times vary greatly on slow cooker brands so check your recipe halfway through to see how cooked the noddles are getting.
- Do not open the lid often, this throws off the cooking time and lets heat escape.
Calories: 665kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 540mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1354IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 630mg | Iron: 1mg