Filled with chocolate and zucchini these Zucchini Black Forest Cupcakes are a moist and flavorful dessert that is a great way to use up some veggies!
Well another Monday is upon us, yippee. Does anyone else hate Monday’s as much as I do? I like the weekend because my who family is together and we just get to spend time with one another. It seems like during the week everyone’s schedule is so different that we don’t get to spend that quality time together that the weekend affords us. Plus Monday’s just suck, it means a start to another work week, Boo.
I do hope that everyone had a good weekend though. I got to go to my niece’s baptism and I also got to meet my newest niece for the first time. Give’s me such baby fever, ugh. But sadly I know that we are done. As much as I’d love to keep popping out babies 4 is our cap and I’m happy with that! Another great thing about this weekend were these cupcakes! I had some zucchini that needed to be used up so obviously I had to make myself some cupcakes! The rich chocolate and ultra light frosting mixed with cherries….heaven in my mouth!
Obviously this picture shows 12 cupcake but this recipe actually makes 24, the other’s were still baking. I couldn’t resist taking these out and taking a picture of them. Yummo. Chocolate is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. My husband is more of a tart sweet’s fan, gummy worms being his fave. I absolutely hate gummy worms. Little known fact about me.
Yup, they are stuffed! I am a cherry addict. I love cherry glaze, cherry pie, cherry pop, cherry bars. If it has cherries in it you bet this girl will be eating it! I got to finally try out my cupcake corer that my mom gave me for my Birthday! I love how they actually make tools for things and I don’t have to rig up my own way of doing stuff anymore. Granted I have so many pots, pans and kitchen gadgets it’s crazy but seriously there is something for everything these days!
Throw a little frosting on these dream boats, top with a cherry and some shaved chocolate and you got yourself one hell of a cupcake. And to think that there is zucchini in these?!?! They look too good to have some healthy green stuff in them! I’ve gotten really into cooking/baking with zucchini this year since people have been glad to hand them all over to me, I’ve had to try to be creative thinking up some new way to use it up!
And there you have it folks…doesn’t get any better than that. Seriously.
Zucchini Black Forest Cupcakes
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (21 ocan cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 block cream cheese room temp
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Mix together with hand mixer your zucchini, eggs, sugar and oil.
- Slowly mix in your vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Pour into cupcake liners until about 1/2 full.
- Bake in for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile to make frosting beat your whipping cream on high until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- In another bowl beat your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until combined and fluffy.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream mixture until combined.
- Once cupcakes are cool, core them out and spoon in some cherries.
- Pipe frosting over the tops of cupcakes and top with a cherry and shaved baking chocolate if desired.