Frog Eye Salad
Creamy, fruity and delicious this Frog Eye Salad is a citrusy cold salad that is perfect for potlucks, holidays and everything in between.
Servings: 16 people
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice reserved from a can of pineapple
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup acini de pepe pasta
- 2 11 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained (juice reserved for above)
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups mini rainbow marshmallows
Cook acini de Pepe according to package directions and set aside to cool completely.
In saucepan whisk together sugar, flour and salt until combined.
Add in your pineapple juice and egg and heat over medium heat until thickened.
Once thickened stir in lemon juice and cool completely.
Add pineapple custard to a large bowl and mix in the cooled pasta.
Add in your mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple and pineapple chunks and stir to combined.
Lastly add in your whipped topping and marshmallows and fold until blended.
Cover and refrigerate 8 hour but ideally overnight.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.3mg