Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze
Easy, flavorful and addicting this Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze is a delicious fall bread with a sweet topping that no one can refuse!
Servings: 8 slices
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In bowl, combine your butter, brown sugar, pumpkin and eggs and beat with hand mixer until combined.
In another bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg until blended and then add into your wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Spread into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean then remove from oven to cool.
To make your glaze you mix together your powdered sugar, maple syrup and vanilla and pour it over your cooled bread and let it set for a few minutes then cut and serve.
- You can swap out the spices in the recipe for equal amounts of pumpkin pie spice.
- This can easily be frozen, see my tips above.
- You can use maple extract for this recipe if you are in a pinch.
- This recipe is easily able to be doubled or tripled, you can make and serve or freeze.
- You don't have to glaze the bread, that is optional it is delicious without it as well.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 576mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 5180IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 2mg