Warm, flaky and bursting with flavor these Strawberry Dumplings are an easy and delicious dessert or snack recipe that are fun, unique and family friendly.
Servings: 16 dumplings
- 2 8 ct crescent rolls
- 1-1 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 12 oz can 7UP
Preheat oven to 350.
Butter a 9x13" baking dish, set aside.
Roll your crescent rolls and top with about 1 heaping tablespoon of diced strawberries.
Roll up starting with the log end.
In a sauce pan over medium high heat, melt your butter.
Once butter is melted add in your sugars and vanilla and just stir until it combines, you want it to be grainy.
Remove from heat and pour over your crescent rolls.
Pour your 7UP around the sides of the rolls.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly so sauce thickens.
- When mixing together your butter and sugar mixture, you want it to be grainy so do not bring to a boil.
- If you can’t find crescent rolls, you can also use refrigerated biscuits as well, these should work fine, they will just be a little larger and puffier.
- You'll want to let these Strawberry Dumplings to cool slightly, this will help the sauce thicken up.
- Optional but highly encouraged to serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- If you can help it try not to pour the sauce directly over the dumplings themselves, we want them to be able to get a little brown and crispy.
- You don't have to use 7up, you can use any lemon-lime soda/pop that you prefer.
- You can use sliced strawberries as well and not diced.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg