Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
Want pure comfort but don't want to put in the effort? This Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice is a fix it and forget it classic dish that will feed a crowd.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 lb dried red beans
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1-2 Tbs creole seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Cooked rice
In strainer add your beans and rinse.
In a 6qt crockpot add your beans, sausage, pepper, onion, creole seasoning and garlic.
Slowly add water and broth and stir everything together to combine.
Cook on high 6 hours then remove lid and using potato masher mash some of your beans, replace lid and continue cooking for another hour.
Serve over hot cooked rice!
- Nutritional Calculations are calculated before serving with rice.
- Make sure you cook this on high heat, this way the beans are ensured to be done in time.
- You DO NOT have to soak your beans ahead of time for this recipe.
- Mash your beans, this creates the perfect texture to spoon over your rice.
- To tone down the heat use smoked sausage and less creole sauce.
- We have an instant pot version linked above if you want a quicker meal.
- Add some cheese when serving, trust me it's weird, but tastes amazing
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 817mg | Potassium: 1011mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4.7mg