Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup with Bacon
This slow cooker cheesy potato soup is loaded with flavor and lots of bacon. It's sure to be a family hit!
Servings: 6 people
- 4 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4-5 potatoes)
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (or half and half)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
Add potatoes, onion, salt, Italian seasoning, and broth to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
Using a potato masher, mash about 1/3 of the potatoes. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, half of the crumbled bacon, and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 30-45 min.
Top each bowl with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Serve.
Calories: 833kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 1731mg | Potassium: 805mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1570IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 357mg | Iron: 1.9mg