A summer staple these Beer Brats are a delicious and super easy staple that is made with simple ingredients, feeds a crowd and is completely addicting.
Servings: 10 brats
- 8-10 brats , grilled
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 medium onions , sliced
- 4 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 (12 oz) bottles dark beer
- 10 Buns
Preheat grill to medium-high and grill brats until done or almost done.
Remove to plate and set aside.
In large skillet melt butter and add your onions and cook until translucent.
Stir in your brown sugar and then place your brats on top.
Pour your beer over and cover pan.
Simmer for about 30-45 minutes or until beer reduces down and onions are caramelized.
- Grill your brats before placing in beer to cook.
- You can poke holes in your brats to soak up more of the flavor of the beer, but this also causes the brats to "explode and tear" but that may not matter to some.
- You don't need any extra condiments for these if you don't want, the flavor of the onions on top of themselves is just what you need, but if you choose condiments a great dijon or jack Daniels mustard is amazing.
- Invest in a good darker beer like an amber for this recipe, it makes a world of difference.
- Cover your brats while boiling in liquid, then remove cover to let liquid reduce and caramelize at the end.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 707mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1.8mg