Pina Colada Bread Pudding
A fruity, coconuty treat this Pina Colada Bread Pudding is perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert or any time of day. Super easy to whip up and addicting.
- 1 lb loaf french , brioche or challah bread, stale and cut into about 1" squares
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup crushed pineapple , drained
- 1/2 cup diced cherries (maraschino)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Vanilla Rum Sauce:
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Tbs rum
Preheat oven to 350.
Place your bread into large bowl and set aside.
In another large bowl mix together your coconut milk, milk, eggs, pineapple, cherries and coconut and whisk until combined.
Pour your milk mixture over your bread and stir to coat, let sit for about 10 minutes.
In greased 8"x8" or 9"x9" baking dish spread your bread pudding mixture and smooth out top, cover with tinfoil and bake for about 1.5 hours or until center is set.
Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile to make your vanilla rum sauce in sauce pan on medium high melt your butter and stir in your milk.
In small bowl whisk together your sugar and cornstarch and add to your milk mixture and reduce heat slightly and stir until your sauce begins to thicken.
Once thick add in your vanilla and rum and stir to combine.
Pour over your bread pudding and serve.
Add additional sauce over individually cut slices if desired.
- You can use any kind of bread that you like as long as it as a thicker version.
- The sauce and bread pudding itself can be made a day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- You can easily double this recipe to feed bigger crowds.
- If you want a thinner bread pudding just bake in a 9"x13" baking dish instead.
- We intentionally leave sugar out of the recipe as the ingredients in the pudding itself and the sauce makes it sweet enough or our tasting but you can add sugar if you would like.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 3.4mg