Juicy Lucy Recipe
This Juicy Lucy Recipe lives up to its name. Two mouthwatering burger patties pressed together and stuffed with your favorite cheese in between. Melty, gooey and 100% delicious!
- 6 hamburger buns
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 12 slices American or Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Oil for cooking
- 1 Tablespoon Butter for cooking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
In a mixing bowl, add the ground beef and lightly break it apart. Season it with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
Divide the beef into 6 portions and split each of the portions into 2 pieces. Flatten both pieces into patties that are slightly larger than your burger bun.
Break 2 slices of cheese into small pieces and place them into the center of one of the patties.
Put the other patty on top of the cheese, crimp the edges together making sure there aren't any cracks, and flip the burger over. Carefully press the burger down and crimp around the edges again. Using the back of a large spoon, press a small dimple into the middle of the burger. This helps the burger to stay flat while cooking and not become rounded.
Once you've made all the patties, melt the butter and oil in a cast-iron pan over medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, transfer a couple of patties to the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Burgers are best served immediately on a bun with your favorite toppings.
- Use a leaner ground beef such as 80/20 or higher, this helps them not to dry out.
- Any kind of cheese that melts well should work for the center but Cheddar and American are my favorite, see my tips above.
- It is important to take time to form the patties and crimp the edges. You want to be sure they are sturdy and have no cracks or holes that the cheese will melt through.
- You can easily double this Juicy Lucy Recipe to serve more burgers for friends and family.
- These can be frozen, see my tips above.
- Top with any of your favorite toppings and condiments.
Calories: 705kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 1529mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 464IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 539mg | Iron: 5mg