Peanut Butter Cake
Super tasty and homemade this Peanut Butter Cake is a classic recipe that is super simple, is filled will all the peanut butter and is a tasty recipe everyone can love.
Servings: 12 - 15
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole milk
For the peanut butter frosting:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray, set aside.
In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
In a large bowl mix together the butter and peanut butter until smooth with an electric hand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix it in until combined. Add half of the flour mixture and mix it in. Add half of the milk and mix it in. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk. Scrape down the sides as needed.
Add the batter to the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack completely.
While the cake is cooling, make the frosting by mixing the peanut butter and butter together in a medium-sized bowl with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until mixed in, it will be thick. Add the heavy cream and vanilla, mix it in until combined, then whip on medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
Once the cake is cooled, frost with the peanut butter frosting, cut, and serve.
- If you want to use another frosting, feel free. Chocolate buttercream would go great with this.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above.
- This can be cut in half and baked in a 9x9-inch pan, or larger by baking in a sheet pan but with shorter slices.
- Make sure your cake is completely cool before frosting.
Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 729IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg