A supper easy dinner recipe, this Tortellini Bake is a family hit full of meat, cheese and sauce. A filling and flavorful meal that no one can get enough of!
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage
- 24 ounces canned marinara sauce
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese divided
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish optional
In a dutch oven or large stockpot, brown and crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage with the onions over medium-high heat. Cook, breaking up the meat until there is no pink left and the onions appear translucent, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess grease.
Add the marinara sauce and stir it to coat the meat.
Add the tortellini and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, to warm the tortellini, stirring occasionally.
Add half of the mozzarella and parmesan, stir it in until combined.
Place the mixture into a grasped 11x7 baking dish.
Top with the remaining cheeses. Cover with nonstick foil or spray a piece of foil with cooking spray, placing it spray side down on top of the dish.
Bake for 20 minutes, uncover, and bake for an additional 15 minutes until warmed through and bubbly.
Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh chopped parsley, optional.
- We like to use lean ground beef for this, at least 85/15.
- We use refrigerated tortellini but frozen can be used as well, just make sure it is cooked.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above.
- Use any meat that you like, see tips above also on what you can use.
- Try this with different flavors of tortellini.
- Double this recipe to serve more people or have on hand for later.
Calories: 679kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 1682mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 884IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 460mg | Iron: 5mg