Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
Quick, easy and super fluffy this Buttermilk Pancake Recipe is a tasty breakfast that is perfect for everyone. A classically enjoyable family recipe.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar until combined.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla until combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir it together until combined, do not overmix. If it seems a little too thick, add another tablespoon of buttermilk. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
Place a nonstick skillet on the stove over medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Pour or scoop ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet. Gently spread out the batter.
Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until bubbles rise to the surface and burst. Flip on the other side until golden brown.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
- If you do not have buttermilk you can make your own at home, see my tips above.
- Top this with your favorite toppings.
- Double this batch to make more for others.
- These can be frozen, see my tips above on how to do that.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 223IU | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 1mg