Funnel Cake Recipe
A delicious fair food treat you can't resist, this Funnel Cake Recipe you can easily make at home with minimal ingredients and all the toppings you could ever want.
Servings: 4 to 8
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Fresh whipped cream optional
- Sliced strawberries optional
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until smooth.
Add in the whole milk.
Whisk until combined.
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, stir it in until combined, this may take a few minutes. A few lumps are okay.
Heat about 3 inches of oil in a heavy bottom skillet with deep sides like a cast iron skillet or dutch oven, you can even use an electric deep fryer for this. Heat oil to 350°F.
I like to divide the batter between two pastry bags, but you can also use ziplock bags.
Once the oil is hot, cut off the tip of the pastry bag or one corner of the ziplock bag. Carefully drizzle the batter into the oil in a circular pattern, you can make these as big or small as you like. Make sure to pour the batter so it overlaps and sticks together. Fry for about 2 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the bottom. Flip it over and fry for another two minutes.
Take the funnel cake out and place it on a wire rack over a sheet tray so they don’t become soggy. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Top the funnel cakes with powdered sugar and optional whipped cream and strawberries for serving. Best served warm.
- Top with your favorite toppings, anything will taste delicious on these.
- You can double this recipe to serve more or half it to make less.
- You can make your funnel cakes as large or as small as you want.
- Any kind of milk can be used for this, we like to use whole milk.
- You can use a piping bag, ziptop bag or a funnel dispenser to make these.
- Try to keep your oil at a consistent temperature a candy thermometer will help with this.
Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 107g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 376IU | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 6mg