With only 4 ingredients this Strawberry Lemonade is an absolutely tasty, refreshing and easy summertime drink that you have to make during these warm weather months.
Servings: 7 cups
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1/4 cups water divided
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice about 7 lemons
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups strawberries rinsed and hulled
- Ice cubes for serving
- Fresh sliced strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Fresh lemon slices for garnish (optional)
Start by making the simple syrup, add the sugar and 11/4 cups water to a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir to dissolve the sugar, and then remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
Juice your lemons over a glass or bowl.
Meanwhile add your strawberries to a blender.
Blend strawberries until smooth.
Strain your strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer, set aside.
Add the cooled simple syrup to a large pitcher.
Next add the fresh lemon juice.
Add the fresh strawberry puree.
Lastly add the remaining 3 cups water to a large pitcher and stir to combine.
Serve over ice, garnished with fresh sliced strawberries and lemon slices if desired.
- Fresh strawberries are recommended but frozen can be used in a pinch.
- I highly recommend fresh squeezed lemon juice for this recipe.
- You can easily double this recipe (you will want to) to serve more people or keep some for later.
- You do not have to strain your strawberry puree if you don't want to, we like to to remove any seeds or excess skin.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg