Lemon Curd Recipe
Quick, easy and minimal ingredients this Lemon Curd Recipe is delicious and tasty and versatile and can be used in a lot of desserts, as a a spread and more!
Servings: 1 cup
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
Bring a small saucepan of water to a simmer and place a heatproof bowl on top.
Add in the egg yolks, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the bowl. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly for 10-15 minutes. The mixture should thicken quite a bit and resemble hollandaise when it’s fully cooked.
Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the butter.
Place plastic wrap on top of the bowl so that it is touching the curd-- this will help keep a skin from forming.
Once the curd has cooled completely, remove the plastic wrap and transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
- Use fresh squeezed lemon juice, bottled will give it a different flavor.
- Add as much zest to this recipe as you like!
- Easily double this batch for larger baking projects.
- I do not recommend freezing this recipe as it might separate once thawed.
- This needs to completely chill before using it on or in anything.
- Make sure you place plastic wrap directly against the lemon curd so it does not form a film on top.
Calories: 1640kcal | Carbohydrates: 143g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 116g | Saturated Fat: 67g | Trans Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1221mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 136g | Vitamin A: 4142IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 3mg