Kahlua Tres Leches Cake
A delicious moist, spongy cake that is spike with some alcohol this Kahlua Tres Leches Cake Recipe is a delicious, fun and easy cake that everyone enjoys.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 eggs separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9 inch by 13 inch pan with non stick spray.
Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl whip the egg yolks with ⅓ cup sugar, milk and vanilla till creamy. Gently mix into the flour.
In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites till frothy, then slowly add ⅔ cup sugar and beat till soft peaks form.
Fold egg whites into the cake little by little. Careful not to over mix and deflate the eggs.
Pour cake batter into cake pan and smooth cake evenly in the pan.
Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean it is done.
Remove the cake and flip it over on a platter or leave in the pan. Let cool for 30 minutes. When the cake is cooled, poke holes all over the cake with a toothpick or a fork.
In a bowl combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream and the Kahlua.
When the cake has cooled, pour the milk around the cake. You can reserve 1 cup for serving.
Whip the milk till it starts to slightly thicken, gradually add the sugar as it is whipping.
When the topping is ready, spread over the cake and top with cinnamon, grated chocolate and chocolate covered coffee beans if desired.
- You can leave in pan or take out before pouring the milk over the top, this is a personal decision, we take it out because we like to frost all sides.
- We top ours with chocolate covered coffee beans, this is completely optional.
- You can switch up your liquors if you like, mentioned above we have used rumchata before.
- Milk left in the pan or under the cake is normal.
- Top with cinnamon and shaved chocolate if desired.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above on how to do that.
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 1238IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 253mg | Iron: 1mg