Rainbow Jello Poke Cake
Fun, colorful and absolutely delicious this Rainbow Jello Poke Cake is an easy and tasty cake to whip up that is full of flavor and color! Everyone will fall in love.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups boiling water divided
- 3 oz pkg strawberry jello
- 3 oz pkg lemon jello
- 3 oz pkg blue raspberry jello
- 3 oz pkg lime jello
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Sprinkles optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes poke holes about an inch apart. Set aside.
In four small bowls, combine each jello package with 1 cup boiling water. Whisk together until fully combined.
Use a Tablespoon to pour jello mixture into the holes in cake, alternating colors according to preference until each hole has been filled. Do not use all the jello.
Place the cake into the refrigerator and let it cool for 2 hours.
Spread the whipped topping over the cooled cake and top with sprinkles if desired before serving.
- We like to use white cake as it pairs well with all flavors of jello and shows of the colors more but you can use a yellow or vanilla cake as well.
- You must let this cake cool the full 2 hours otherwise you might end up with a soggy bottom, the jello needs time to set up.
- You will not be using all the jello, so you can use the remaining too create jigglers or pans of jello!
- We like to use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake but you can use a straw, toothpick, fork etc. But you might have smaller holes.
- This cake can be frozen, see my tips above on how to do that.
- You will want to fill each hole with about 1 tablespoon of jello.
- We like to use a syringe to fill the holes as it is easier than using a spoon.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2mg