Steak Bites and Potatoes
If you want a simple, minimal ingredient and short on time meal then you need to whip up these Steak Bites and Potatoes, delicious, easy and fun!
- 2-3 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tbs fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs sirloin steak or your favorite cut, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 Tbs steak seasoning your favorite
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley finely chopped
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add the potatoes and stir occasionally until fork tender.
Add the fresh rosemary and cook for another 30 seconds.
Remove the potatoes and set aside.
Turn the heat to high, add the butter and garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
Add the steak and leave undisturbed for 1-2 minutes to get a good sear. While you’re waiting for the sear, sprinkle the steak seasoning over the steak.
Then stir and cook until browned on all sides.
Add the potatoes back in the pan and add the fresh parsley
- We use sirloin steak for this, but you can use your favorite cut.
- Yukon gold is our potatoes of choice but use what you have on hand.
- We prefer a cast iron skillet for cooking these as it really helps get a nice sear on the meat and crispness on the potatoes.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above on how to do that.
- You can easily double this recipe, just cook in a larger skillet for more people.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 1273mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 384IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 5mg