Easy Chocolate Mousse
With only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes this Easy Chocolate Mousse is a delicious and addictive treat that everyone loves, serve it on it's own or on top of things.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar zero calorie powdered sugar for keto option
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- Chocolate chips and fruit for topping optional
To a chilled mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
Use an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed to whip the cream to stiff peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
Sift the cocoa powder, powdered sugar and espresso powder into the bowl over the whipped cream.
Gently scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and one to two folds incorporate the ingredients. Beat on medium for about 10-30 seconds until you have a mousse uniform in color and texture.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes. If desired, top chocolate chips or shavings and a few fresh, raspberries.
- We like to use 100% cocoa powder in this, do not use dutch process.
- You can switch up the flavoring by using almond extract or any other in replacement of the vanilla.
- You can make this a keto friendly recipe, see my notes above on how to do that.
- Serve this right away or place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to thicken up.
- Top with whatever you like if anything, we like chocolate chips and raspberries.
- This recipe uses espresso powder to enhance the chocolate flavor, but is not pertinent to the recipe.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1749IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg