French Toast Recipe
With minimal ingredients and time this French Toast Recipe whips up quickly and makes the perfect breakfast recipe that you will never turn back from.
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 slices bread cut thick
- butter for cooking
Mix the sugar and the cinnamon in a medium bowl. (note 1)
Add the flour, salt and nutmeg and stir until incorporated.
Whisk together eggs, milk and heavy cream until combined.
Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until no lumps are left, you might want to use a hand mixer or an immersion blender if necessary.
Soak your each slice on both sides in the egg mixture. Don´t go too fast or the bread won't be properly soaked through.
Cook bread on each side until golden brown (note 2)
Serve hot with maple syrup, powdered sugar, fruit, butter or cinnamon sugar. Feel free to combine several toppings.
- This will help to avoid that the cinnamon doesn´t get mixed in completely and sets itself apart
- Don´t bake too hot, the butter will burn outside and the bread will be uncooked inside. Just keep the heat to medium-low.
- You can use any kind of bread for this recipe, see my tips above.
- Top with whatever you like, we use butter, fruit and syrup, but I have more options above.
- This recipe can be frozen, see my tips on how to store.
- You can easily double this recipe to serve your family size or cut it back.
- There are no weird ingredients in this recipe, normal pantry staples!
- We like to use a larger griddle to make this, but a frying pan works fine as well.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 446IU | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 3mg