This Tortellini Soup is a deliciously easy, minimal ingredient recipe that is comforting, customizable and ready in about 30 minutes!
- 1 cup chopped carrots about 3 carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery about 3 stalks
- ½ yellow onion finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 10-12 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz fresh cheese tortellini or frozen
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add in carrots, celery, onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, and the carrots and celery have started to become tender, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and chicken broth, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Gently stir in tortellini and cook for an additional 5 minutes. If using frozen cook a few minutes longer until tender.
Stir in parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
- This soup is SUPER customizable. Try adding chicken or sausage, spinach, cream or half & half for a creamy soup, different veggies, or experiment with different seasonings.
- This soup can be frozen, see my tips above on that.
- We use fresh ravioli in this recipe but you can use frozen, just adjust the time for the frozen to be a few minutes longer.
- You can easily double this batch to serve more people or freeze a batch for later eating.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 1889mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3894IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 4mg