Pepper Jack Bacon Mac and Cheese
Do you love easy cheesy recipes oh and bacon? Then this Pepper Jack Bacon Mac and Cheese is the perfect comfort dinner meal for you!
- 6 oz pasta I used radiatore
- 10 Tbs butter divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz Colby cheese shredded
- 8 oz Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 8 oz bacon fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
While pasta is cooking, melt 8 tbsp butter in a pan over medium heat. When butter is melted, whisk in flour until a uniform paste forms.
Stir in salt and pepper.
While still over heat, slowly pour in milk and heavy whipping cream, stirring continuously. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
Place prepared pasta into a greased 9x13 baking dish and pour the milk/flour mixture over top of the pasta.
Evenly sprinkle shredded Colby jack cheese, pepper jack cheese and bacon on top.
Stir contents until everything is mixed well.
In a small mixing bowl, melt the remaining 2 oz of butter. Stir in breadcrumbs. This will resemble wet sand. Evenly distribute breadcrumbs overtop of pasta mixture.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs begin to brown. Broil for an additional 3 minutes
- You can use any pasta you like, but we like to use raditore the most as it holds the sauce and cheese best.
- You can use any mixture of cheese that you like.
- This recipe can be frozen, see my tips above.
- Feel free to add more bacon, there is always room for more bacon.
- The breadcrumb topping is not necessary but we love it, if you do not use it you do not need to broil.
- Make sure you mix everything together well in the pan so it get's evenly distributed.
Calories: 1008kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 77g | Saturated Fat: 44g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 1373mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2053IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 735mg | Iron: 2mg